History of Uutechnic Group
The operations of Vaahto Group were started in 1874 when Vaahto family has started business activities in Lahti region. Today’s Vaahto Paper Technology Ltd has been established in 1918. The company has been among the first companies to introduce electrical welding and to manufacture equipment from stainless steel in Finland. It has been a significant supplier of process machinery already from the 1930’s. In the 1940’s the company started making components for pulp and paper industry. Vaahto Ltd has been a significant supplier of pulp and paper machinery in the 1980’s.
The parent company of Vaahto Group, Vaahto Group Plc Oyj, was established in 1988 with the name Watostek and so the Group was founded. In 1991 the name of the parent company was changed Vaahto Group Ltd Oy and since 1998 the parent company has been Vaahto Group Plc Oyj. In 1989 the shares of Watostek Oy were listed in the OTC-list of the Helsinki Exchanges. Today the shares of Vaahto Group Plc Oyj are quoted on the NASDAQ OMX Helsinki.
Japrotek Oy Ab was established in 1988 when the workshop was bought from Jaro. The operations of the company were started in 1949 in Pietarsaari under the name of Oy JA-RO Ab.
In 1996 AK-Tehdas Oy in Tampere became part of the Group. The company had served roll customers since 1960’s and also been one of the high-tech technology leaders in this business ever since. In 2008 the name of the company was changed Vaahto Roll Service Oy and in 2009 it was merged to Vaahto Ltd (later Vaahto Paper Technology Ltd).
In 1998 the German agitator company Stelzer Rührtechnik International GmbH became part of the Group. The company was founded in 1946.
The operations of AP-Tela Oy began in Kokkola, Finland, in 1994. The company has been a part of the Vaahto Group since 2001, when Vaahto Group Plc Oyj bought the majority in shares of the company. After the acquisition of the remaining shares in 2012, the company assumed full ownership of the Group.
The Chinese company Vaahto Pulp & Paper Machinery Distribution (Shanghai) Co. Ltd. was established in Shanghai in 2007.
In the spring of 2013 Vaahto Paper Technology Group’s Project and spare part business was sold to Gebr. Bellmer GmbH Maschinenfabrik. In connection with the transfer of the Business, personnel relating to the Business in Hollola and in Tampere was transferred to Bellmer. At the same time the activities in China were closed.