AP-Tela Oy pipe plant manufactures thick-walled pipes, cylinders and cones by bending a plate and welding the longitudinal seam. Diameter, wall thickness and length can be custom-made. This enables cost-effective optimizing of the pieces.
The materials used:
- Constructional steel, as S235 and S355
- Hardened boron steel, as B13S
- Raex, Hardox, Dillidur
- Shipbuilding and OFFSHORE steel grades
- Steel grades for pressure vessels
- Heat resisting steel grades, as 16Mo3
- Stainless and acid-proof steel grades, as AISI 304 , 316
- Duplex steel grades, as EN 1.4162 ( LDX 2101)
The welded steel pipes are manufactured at AP-Tela Oy pipe plant to customer-specified dimensions, identified by means of documentation and according to the EN standards with certified quality.
Each welded steel pipe is dimensionally precise and of uniform quality; an annealing furnace is used to relieve welding stresses.
- Diameter: freely selectable within the range 320–8,000 mm
- Material thickness: up to 70 mm
- Maximum length without round seams: 12 m
Dimensional and shape tolerances
- Straightness: 0.5 mm/m (max. 3 mm)
- D: +/-2 mm; L: +/-5 mm
Welding standards and quality management
- EN ISO 5817, Category B or C
- Welding quality management: EN ISO 3834-2:2005
- Quality management system: EN ISO 9001:2015